Tuesday, September 23, 2014

May God Bless You

May God Bless You
You don't have to feel too sorry for me because I don't pity myself that much. I live in a neighborhood filled with suffering people and I know that I could be much worse off than I am. The poor have been very generous to me in offering me this gift, which lets me forget my own misery. If all these pricks who steal my songs and scripts noticed how much poor people suffer, they would be counting their blessings instead of envying me.

I don't envy the people who got rich with my music and writing. I wouldn't want to get rich like that. I'd rather have a clear conscience. A clear conscience is priceless. I would rather have it than all the money in the world. Take Beyonce. Can you imagine how lousy she must feel these days over stealing that song from me? All the money in the world can't make you feel good about yourself. The most it can do is perhaps buy you crack to trick your brain into believing you're a good person. And then what do you do once you've spent all your money on crack? I'd rather just stay poor if the only way to get rich is by kissing Satan's or Dick Cheney's ass.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment