Monday, September 15, 2014

David and Behemoth

David and Behemoth
I believe that envy is the root of my struggle against the behemoth of the broadcasting business over the last ten years: envy of my talent. Envy breeds hate. Milton lists it as one of the seven deadly sins. Those who steal my work envy its quality. It follows that they hate me. A lot of top stars have stolen songs and scripts from me in the last seven years and there's more to the harm they have caused me than meets the eye.

People trust their stars. They vote them into public office in some states. Stars have a strong influence over the public. When someone who hates me is a TV star, a movie star, or a rock star, it sets their fans against me along with them. Even though I have been able to overcome much of this hate by my steady presence online, the criminal rationale that justifies crimes against me in the minds of those who committed them has been transmitted directly into the brains of millions of trusting television viewers and radio listeners and still asserts itself against me from too many of them.

This usually happens when I'm out for a walk. Two recent examples are a woman who at the sight of me could only turn to her friend and say 'bedbugs' and a man who wanted to mock me for needing the financial aid of my mother. Both of these slights were meant to rub my nose in my poverty, something that human beings who know my situation would not normally do. This is the influence of bad stars who stole my work. It is clearly immoral, for only an offender would find fault with a victim, and I think it makes the mental impact of watching certain television programs these days compare favorably with the effect of chronic crack use on the brain.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment