Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Flashback to 2008

Flashback to 2008
How is that new song doing? I'm getting as much feedback from it as I did for Size and for Under My Umbrella. Those were songs I thought no one cared about and so I erased them. Then the corporate media got you all excited because The Crystalids stole Size and Beyonce stole Under My Umbrella. The corporate media told you all to love these frauds unconditionally and to honor them and pay them for my efforts. And that's precisely what you did.

Where was I at the time? The memory is slowly returning to me as I reconstruct more and more of my past through this account. In 2008 I tried to add views to my music videos by taking some online advice and browsing through other YouTube accounts and offering supportive comments. For reasons which are now clear, my comment was unwelcome on the Martin Luther King video in which he discusses the 'maladjusted'. This speech struck a personal chord with me since I had recently applied for mental health support and felt righteous in my 'maladjustment' to what I sensed at the time was a dishonest culture.

It may have been only weeks since Beyonce stole my song, gaining enormous attention on YouTube with it, and YouTube moderators had to send me a message saying 'we want YouTube to be a safe place for artists'. They scolded me this way as Beyonce lapped up all that love and admiration from stealing my song from my YouTube account and putting it in her YouTube account, turning me into a target for international hate. It seemed that I could say nothing right online. I praised the Russians for winning their struggle against the evil Nazis and received a warning from a Russian patriot that he was still prepared to fight to the finish to defend Mother Russia [against threats like myself, I gathered]. Not very appropriate, unless you factor in how shows like the Daily Show, which ripped off my work, broadcast my image to the world as though I were the next Hitler. I complained about people who thought TV villains like Gale Gordon's character on Here's Lucy were real. By the time the debate was over, the only villain anyone could see was myself for apparently launching an unjust complaint in defense of the late actor.

The only employment opportunity I had was a tentative deal with the staffing company Nasco, which offers scab labor to assist with public events. I was released from the job after a handful of assignments. You can read about what happened to me there in my blog: What Happened at Nasco.

I blast away at these stupid, arrogant broadcasters because I have nothing to lose from doing so. They've already crossed the legal line with their opposition to my success and hurt me far more than anyone ever possibly could again. I hear that holders of valuable copyrights are 'protected'. If so, this protection must be limited to protection from physical harm and incarceration because my psychological wounds continue to mount from sharing my work online, right up to the present.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment