Saturday, October 4, 2014

Glad to Be Here

Glad to Be Here
When Beyonce came to Vancouver, everyone was so excited! I remember it. And I liked Under My Umbrella so much that I looked up the lyrics on the internet and copied them onto my computer. I couldn't remember authoring the song yet. I invited a young woman to sing them as I accompanied her on the guitar. I thought she did a pretty good job. I think this girl is as talented as Beyonce.

When I walked past a production last week, one of the workers pointed to me and said, 'this guy's lost!' I guess he thought I was lost because I won't go and beg the business to give me a break after they raped my music and writing and screwed me out of millions of dollars in profits and made me the most hated person in history when I was innocent. But people trusted me precisely because they knew I am not in this to be a star, but that I am merely being myself. I'd rather have the trust of the population than be some phony-balony star. And if the only way to be a star is to blow the business, there really isn't anything to admire about the stars on your TV, radio, or large stage right now, they're just a bunch of servile wimps.

I know I sometimes complain about my life and say I wish I weren't here, but I honestly don't know if I'll look back later as a success and pine for this life. At least it offers a host of creative ideas - unlike those comfortable stars who so thoroughly depended on me to do their jobs for them.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment