Friday, May 23, 2014

It's Not Funny

It's Not Funny
Lately I've been stumbling on a lot of very serious observations about our world which I believe I shared in 2006 and which George Carlin turned into a stand-up comedy routine. I recall criticizing the school system and saying that children should be taught to question everything. I wasn't saying it for a joke. I remember criticizing business people for being too suspicious, expecting others to share their predatory qualities. This makes an excuse for hurting others who might be innocent. It wasn't a joke. I recall complaining about how our political system fails to provide a solution for people like myself who may be conservative about some things, like crime control, and liberal about other things, like education. [Did I say prostitution? Big mistake to be funny online.] This was not meant as a joke. You know, just about every serious matter I raised in that account was turned into a stand-up routine for George Carlin and used to make audiences laugh.

I guess that as long as people want to laugh about the oppression of an irresponsible corporate and banking elite, they'll just continue on in a state of psychological enslavement. And now that I have exposed so many formerly trusted television personalities as liars and frauds and everyone - in my immediate environment, at least - seems to be siding with the offenders, I'm not going to comment on it. The crimes against me were fiendish. They were physically and spiritually murderous. A huge gang of rich celebrities all joining forces against a poor loner from Canada? Heartless. Unspeakable. Unforgivable. Not the slightest bit funny.

Why does anyone pity them? I hear some say that I hurt them. I hurt them? I went online to share music and laughs from my personal experience and my heart. They didn't enter into the picture until they started trespassing on my copyrights. Did it ever occur to people that maybe it was me they loved when these jerks went onstage with my work? I am in my work. My work is a living extension of my life. That let all these performers be me when they ripped me off. The love you thought you felt for them is just the love they stole from me. Don't let them confuse you.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment